Menu

Introdução à Nanociência e aos Materiais à escala Nano - Nanoquímica e Nanomateriais - Sem Ramos - Especialidades


7.5
ECTS / Credit Units
Year: 1 / 1º Semestre
Plan: 2012/13
Scientific Area: QMN
Level: Intermédio

Semestral Hour Load

Theorical: 48.00
Theorical-Pratical: 32.00
Pratical and Laboratorial:
Fieldwork:
Seminar:
Internship:
Tutorial:

 

Assigned Internship Hours:
Assigned Projects Hours:
Assigned Fieldwork Hours:
Assigned Study Hours:
Assigned Evaluation Hours:
Others:

Degree having this Course

Degree - Branch Degree Plan Year
Nanoquímica e Nanomateriais - Sem Ramos - Especialidades 2012/13

Teaching Staff

Carla Sophia Brazão Andrade Sousa Alves
Carla Sophia Brazão Andrade Sousa Alves


Responsibilities:
Ensino teórico
Ensino teórico-prático
João Manuel Cunha Rodrigues
João Manuel Cunha Rodrigues


Responsibilities:
Regência
Responsável pelas Pautas
Ensino teórico
Ensino teórico-prático

Course Information

Course Objectivs

O1 This curricular unit aims to provide students with a broad vision of the theme of nanoscience and materials at the nanoscale.

O2 The aim is to offer to the student the greatest possible diversity of knowledge related to nanoscience and the possibility of acquiring the basic tools that will help him, not only to deepen the knowledge in other disciplines, but also of producing new knowledge and developing the capacity of critical thinking.

Evaluation Criteria

Classification Type: Quantitative (0-20)
Evaluation Model: A
Evaluation Methodology: The evaluation will consist of two evaluation tests (minimum score in each test: 9.5, 60% of the final grade) and the preparation and oral presentation of a monograph about one topic related with the course (maximum two students per group, the remaining 40%). COMPLEMENTARY PERIOD: Only students with approval on at least one test and positive evaluation on the theoretical-practical component (including student workers) may be evaluated in the complementary period. Except special cases mentioned in the UMa regulation for the assessment of students, the students may only recover one failed test on the complementary period .

Program Resume (get program detail)

Main Bibliography

G. L. Hornyak, J. Dutta, H.F. Tibbals, A. Rao (2008). Introduction to Nanoscience. CRC Press.
G. A. Ozin, A. C. Arsenault, L. Cademartiri (2008). Nanochemistry: A chemical approach to nanomaterials. Royal Society of Chemistry.
L. Cademartiri, G. A. Ozin (2009). Concepts of Nanochemistry. Wiley-VCH.
G. Cao (2004). Nanostructures & Nanomaterials ? synthesis, properties and applications. Imperial College Press.
T.-X. Fan, S-K. Chow, D. Zhang (2009). Prog. Mat. Science. Elsevier.
J. W. Steed, J. L. Atwood (2009). Supramolecular Chemistry. Wiley.
D. E. Newton (2002). Recent Advances and Issues in Molecular Nanotechnology. Greenwood Press.

Other Biographical Sources / Support Documents

Student Support

Associated Links

Comments