Deliberação número 1/3/2021 – Medidas COVID-19
Considering the measures reported by the Presidency of the Regional Government of Madeira on January 11, 2021, which will come into force at 00.00 on January 13, aimed at maintaining control of the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), due to the increase in the number of cases in recent days, and following deliberation n.º 1/1/2021 of the Management Council, this Council determines the following:
1. The academic activities planned for the week of January 11-16, 2021 should continue until the end of the first semester. Curricular components that cannot be taught at a distance, as well as evaluations, should be in person;
2. Until January 31, all University activities should end by 6pm, from Monday to Friday, and by 5pm, on Saturday, in order to comply with the ban on movement on public roads;
3. Curricular activities that were scheduled after the time limits above and cannot take place at a distance should be rescheduled;
4. The curricular traineeships will continue to operate whenever the host organizations allow it;
5. The beginning of the 2nd semester is postponed for one week, starting on March 1st, with the exception of the Higher Professional Technical Courses (Cursos Técnicos Superiores Professionais - CTeSP), which will run from March 8th. The weeks from January 25th to February 27th (from 8 February to 6 of March, in case of CTsSP) will be used for necessary activity rescheduling, for the missing normal season assessments and for the appeal season;
6. The Degree Directors, together with the Heads of the curricular units; and the Presidents and Secretariats of the Faculties and Schools, and the Presidents of the Pedagogical, University and Polytechnic Councils, in conjunction with the Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs, shall operate paragraph 5.
The University will continue to operate according to its contingency plan, following the guidelines of the Health Authorities, and will adapt its procedures according to the evolution of the pandemic, waiting for possible decisions of the Government of the Republic with impact on the University.
Resolution number 1.3.2021
Funchal and University of Madeira, January 12, 2021
The Management Council