Penteada University Campus , Floor 2, Office 2.74
(+351) 291 705 288 / 5288
At University of Madeira we have the opportunity to meet and contact many different scientific groups, fostering a multidisciplinary attitude and thinking for the teaching and research activities.
He has been involved, both either as a responsible and participant, in two European ERASMUS+ projects, namely, 'Virtual Resource Efficiency Gateway' (ViREG, 2013-2016) and, starting in November 2017, 'Development of a European study program: International Master's Degree for the Environmental Security Sector' (ENSEC). Other projects include InterReg 'Plataforma em la Nube para la Mejora de la Atención Socioasistencial de la Macaronesia' (PLASMAC), 'Smart Destinations' (SMARTDEST) and sports event security management, mainly in trail run competitions (application development, volunteer management and athlete control and security).
Between May 2017 and April 2021, he was responsible for the Coordination of the University of Madeira application development and communication support groups. He co-authored several journal papers, book chapters and conference papers. Until 2018, he supervised 18 MSc Dissertations.
- CISTI'2023 - 18ª Conferência Ibérica de Sistemas e Tecnologias de Informação, CISTI'2023 - 18ª Conferência Ibérica de Sistemas e Tecnologias de Informação, 2023
- CISTI'2022 - 17th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, 9789893334362, CISTI'2022 - 17th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, 2022
- SmartDest project: Madeira Island implementation and experience, Eduardo Marques, Frederica Gonçalves, International Tourism Congress 2022, 2022
- CISTI'2021 - 16th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, 9789895465910, CISTI'2021 - 16th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, 2021
- Tourism Guidance Tracking and Safety Platform, Frederica Gonçalves; Ana Lúcia Martins; João Carlos Ferreira; Eduardo Marques; Magno Andrade; Luís Mota, LNICST, 2020 310
- Adapting ISO 27001 to a Public Institution, Carla Carvalho; Eduardo Marques, 2166-0727, CISTI'2019 - 14th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, 2019
- Energy Resource Efficiency Policies Worldwide, Marques, E, Brito L.M.P.L., 978-1-5386-2066-3, International Conference in Engineering Applications: Energy and Sustainability in Small Developing, 2017, 7
- Context-aware framework for adaptive routing, Oliveira, A., Muakad C., Silva, J., Spinola, S., Sampaio, P.M.N., Marques, E.M.D., 3rd International Workshop on ADVANCEs in ICT INfrastructures and Services (Advance 2014), 2014
- Design of OpenFlow Scenarios Based on the NSDL Framework: mapping NSDL into NS-3, Pinheiro, R.P., Fontes R.R., Sampaio, P.M.N., Marques, E.M.D., 3rd International Workshop on ADVANCEs in ICT INfrastructures and Services (Advance 2014), 2014
- Simulation of OpenFlow Scenarios based on NSDL and NS-3, Pinheiro, R.P., Sampaio P.N.M., Fontes R.R., Marques, E.M.D., 2014 Summer Computer Simulation Conference (SummerSim 2014), 2014
- PhD in Engenharia Informática, 2013, University of Madeira
- Master Degree in Multimédia, 2005, Universidade do Porto/Faculdade de Engenharia
- Undergraduate Degree in Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, 1998, University of Madeira
- Diretor da Academia Cisco/Universidade da Madeira - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vogal do Centro de Desenvolvimento Académico - email@example.com