The most prominent working area are oceanic stage loggerhead sea turtles. Here I?m interested in understanding why juveniles turtles spend their most important growth phase in oligotrophic open ocean waters. How do they find feeding areas and food and what triggers their migratory paths. Other questions address human impact on and the conservation of these species.
A newer area deals with color polymorphism of the Madeira wall lizard and its role in sexual selection and intra-sexual competition.
Historical thematic excursions addressed the relevance of islands and specifically of Madeira Island in Darwin´s work and the Origin of Species.
- Drivers of litter ingestion by sea turtles: Three decades of harmonised data from Atlantic Europe and the Mediterranean, Darmon, Gaëlle; Schulz, Marcus; Matiddi, Marco; Liria Loza, Ana; Tomás, Jesús; Camedda, Andrea; Chaieb, Olfa; El Hili, Hedia A.; Bradai, Mohamed N.; Bray, Laura; Claro, Françoise; Dellinger, Thomas; Dell?Amico, Florence; de Lucia, Giuseppe A.; Duncan, SSRN: Sustainability Research & Policy Network: Water Pollution, 2022
- Long-term monitoring of in-water abundance of juvenile pelagic loggerhead sea turtles (Caretta caretta): Population trends in relation to North Atlantic Oscillation and nesting, Dellinger, Thomas; Zekovic, Vladimir; Radeta, Marko, 2296-7745, Frontiers in Marine Science (accepted), 2022, 14
- Potential of MALDI TOF mass spectrometry for detection and quantification of corticosterone in the blood of loggerhead sea turtles, Houdová, Dominika; Popović, Iva; Dellinger, Thomas; Ne?ić, Maja; Petković, Marijana, 1387-3806, International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 2022, 1
- Strong negative effects of recent wildfires on two endemic Macaronesian Bush-Crickets, Rhee, Howon; Hauth, Katharina; Greis, Kira; Elle, Ortwin; Dellinger, Thomas; Miller, Arthur; Hochkirch, Axel, Insect Conservation and Diversity, 2022
- Biologia Marinha, Dellinger, Thomas, Agência de Promoção da Cultura Atlântica (APCA - Madeira), 2021
- Haeckel, Ernst Heinrich Philipp August, Dellinger, Thomas, Agência de Promoção da Cultura Atlântica (APCA - Madeira), 2020
- Evidence for trophic differences between live and bycatch oceanic juvenile loggerhead sea turtles, Raposo, Cheila; Patrício, Ana Rita; Catry, Paulo; Dellinger, Thomas; Granadeiro, José P., 1432-1793, Marine Biology, 2019, 1
- MISTIC SEAS II: Applying a subregional coherent and coordinated approach to the monitoring and assessment of marine biodiversity in Macaronesia for the second cycle of the MSFD. Final Technical Report (TRWP1): Workpackage 1 - Monitoring Programs and Data gathering, Pipa, Tânia; Atchoi, Elizabeth; Silva, Carlos; Bécares, Juan; Gil, Marcel; Freitas, Luis; Cañadas, Ana; Servidio, Antonella; Pérez-Gil, Mónica; Pérez-Gil, Enrique; Varo-Cruz, Nuria; Silva, Mónica; Vandeperre, Frederic; Esteban, Ruth; Verborgh, Philip, European Commission, 2019
- Surface behavior of pelagic juvenile loggerhead sea turtles in the eastern North Atlantic, Freitas, Carla; Caldeira, Rui; Dellinger, Thomas, 0022-0981, Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, 2019, 8
- Foraging behaviour of pelagic loggerhead sea turtles in the North Atlantic: from Lévy exploration to area restricted search, Freitas, Carla; Caldeira, Rui; Reis, Jesus; Dellinger, Thomas, 0171-8630, Marine Ecology Progress Series, 2018, 13
- PhD in Biologia, 1991, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
- Master Degree in Biologia, 1987, Universität Konstanz
- Director of the Degree in Biology - email@example.com