Irene Gomes Câmara Camacho
Penteada University Campus
(+351) 291 705 398 / 5398
To be happy, try to work with something you love doing, doing your duty a true leisure (Johnny De Carli).
PhD in Biology with specialization in Biochemistry and Biotechnology (UMa). The thesis on Aerobiology and pollen allergens was completed in 2007. One of the chapters of the thesis won the UCB Pharma / SPAIC award in 2008 for the best clinical-laboratory research work in Immunoallergology.
Areas of scientific interest: Aerobiology, in all its aspects: Allergological, Aeromycological and Phytopathological; Study of the interaction and impact of (bio)pollutants on human anatomophysiology.
Responsible for the UC "Toxicology" (Master of Biochemistry)
Attended 14 advanced training courses, 4 of which in the e-Learning modality.
Attended 2 Professional Internships at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the University of Barcelona (1997).
Attended a postgraduate course at the Pasteur Institute, Paris (2003) and at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Porto (2005).
Attended the Certified Mold Remediation Training Course at the Indoor Air Quality Training Institute, New York (2005).
Member of the local organization of the SUMMER COURSE EAACI - European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology - Aerobiology and Environment, UMa (2004).
11 Awards: 1 for entrepreneurship and 10 for research (given by scientific societies and/or national and international congresses). Congratulatory vote from the Legislative Assembly of Madeira for the most recent SPP-Pfizer 2020 award.
- Searching for Novel Air Pollutants Inducers of Toxicity in the Respiratory and Immune Systems, Irene Camacho, 2305-6304, Toxics (IF=4.472), 2022, 3
- Abundance of Ganoderma sp. in Europe and SW Asia: Modelling the pathogen infection levels in local trees using the proxy of airborne fungal spore concentrations, Agnieszka Grinn-Gofroń, Paweł Bogawski, Beata Bosiacka, Jakub Nowosad, Irene Camacho, Magdalena Sadyś, Carsten Ambelas Skjøthg, Catherine Helen Pashley, Victoria Rodinkova, Talip Çeter, Claudia Traidl-Hoffmann, Athanasios Damialis, 1879-1026, Science of The Total Environment (IF=6.551), 2021
- Higher airborne pollen concentrations correlated with increased SARS-CoV-2 infection rates: Evidence from 31 countries across the globe, Damialis A, Gilles S, Sofiev M, Sofieva V, Kolek F, Bayr D, Plaza MO, Leier-Wirtz V, Kaschuba S, Ziska LH, Bielory L, Makra L, Trigo MM, COVID-19/POLLEN study group & Traidl-Hoffman C, 1091-6490, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) (IF= 11.205), 2021, 10
- Pharmacogenomic research in Portugal, Camacho IGC, Gonçalves RPA, Camacho RAP, 1594-2848, Trends in Medicine, 2020, 14
- Airborne Alternaria and Cladosporium fungal spores in Europe: Forecasting possibilities and relationships with meteorological parameters, Grinn-Gofron A, Nowosad J, Bosiacka B, Camacho I, Pashley C, Belmonte J, et al., 0048-9697, Science of The Total Environment, 2018
- Inhalant allergens in Portugal, Irene Gomes Câmara Camacho, 1018-2438, International Archives of Allergy and Immunology, 2017, 22
- PhD in Biologia, 2007, University of Madeira
- Undergraduate Degree in Biologia, 1997, University of Madeira