Pedro Jorge Gomes Camacho de Almeida
Faculty of Exact Sciences and Engineering
(+351) 291 705 251 / 5251
Pedro Almeida has a PhD (2011) in Physics by Universidade da Madeira. His current research interests include theory and modelling of corona and streamer discharges, of self-organized patterns of spots on electrodes of glow discharges, kinetic theory of plasma, and stability of low-current discharges and breakdown. He has served as director of IPFN Research Node in Universidade da Madeira between 2017 and 2019 and was a member of IPFN Administration Board between 2016 and 2019.
Pedro Almeida published 19 papers in important international scientific journals (with peer review) in the field of Low-temperature Plasma Physics and several dozens of contributions to the main international conferences of the same field. He has participated in 6 nationally-funded research projects as a team member or core CV, 1 industry-funded research projects as work package leader, a research networks funded by the European Union, and a large-scale project funded by the European Regional Development Fund as a Principal Researcher.
Pedro Almeida is referee for several international scientific journals; as examples, Plasma Sources Science and Technology, Physics of Plasmas, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science.
- A Simple Model of Distribution of Current Over Cathodes of Vacuum Circuit Breakers, M. D. Cunha, N. Wenzel, P. G. C. Almeida, W. Hartmann and M. S. Benilov, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON PLASMA SCIENCE, 2019, 8
- Simulation of pre-breakdown discharges in high-pressure air. I: The model and its application to corona inception, N G C Ferreira, D F N Santos, P G C Almeida, G V Naidis, M S Benilov, 1361-6463, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 2019, 10
- Bifurcations in the theory of current transfer to cathodes of DC discharges and observations of transitions between different modes, M. S. Bieniek, D. F. N. Santos, P. G. C. Almeida, M. S. Benilov, 1089-7674, Physics of Plasmas, 2018, 13
- Modelling positive glow corona in high-pressure air, N. G. C. Ferreira, D. Santos, P. G. C. Almeida, G. V. Naidis, M. S. Benilov, 24th Europhysics Conference on Atomic and Molecular Physics of Ionized Gases, 2018
- Numerical modelling of pre-breakdown discharges in a wide range of conditions, N. G. C. Ferreira, D. Santos, P. G. C. Almeida, G. V. Naidis, M. S. Benilov, 22nd International Conference on Gas Discharges and Their Applications, 2018, 4
- Self-consistent modeling of self-organized patterns of spots on anodes of DC glow discharges, M S Bieniek, P G C Almeida, M S Benilov, 1361-6595, Plasma Sources Science and Technology, 2018, 7
- Simulating Propagation of Spots over Cathodes of High-Power Vacuum Circuit Breakers, M. D. Cunha, W. Hartmann, N. Wenzel, M. S. Benilov and P. G. C. Almeida, 28th International Symposium on Discharges and Electrical Insulation in Vacuum, 2018, 4
- Numerical investigation of stability of glow corona discharges and corona-to-streamer transition, N. G. C. Ferreira, P. G. C. Almeida, G. V. Naidis, M. S. Benilov, XXXIII International Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases, 2017
- Numerical modelling of stable glow corona discharges by means of stationary solvers of COMSOL Multiphysics, P G C Almeida, N G C Ferreira and M S Benilov, XXXIII International Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases (ICPIG 2017) (L L Alves, A Tejero-del-Caz, eds.), Instituto de Plasmas e Fusão Nuclear, Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de Lisboa, 2017, 1
- Self-consistent modelling of spot patterns on anodes of DC glow discharges, M S Bieniek, P G C Almeida, M S Benilov, XXXIII International Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases 2017, 2017, 1
- PhD in , 2011, University of Madeira
- Licenciado Degree in Física, 2001, University of Madeira
- Membro do Conselho Científico da Faculdade de Ciências Exactas e da Engenharia
- Membro da Assembleia da Faculdade de Ciências Exactas e da Engenharia