Subject: German A.2
Number of ECTS:
1 - This course consolidates the very basic knowledge of the German language. The course will enable students to achieve Level A1.2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. An active, autonomous and creative participation in the lessons of this course will be required from students. For this purpose, it will be very important for students to practise and to focus on Language (language awareness). There will be a constant contrastive reflection on language and intercultural approaches. By the end of the semester, students will be able to:
1.1 - Understand (and answer) simple questions, information, news on the telephone, and short dialogues in everyday and professional situations.
1.2 - Find relevant information in basic written texts.
1.3 - Write short texts.
1.4 - Introduce themselves and answer questions about themselves in a dialogue.
1.5 - Be understood with some effort by native speakers and be able to understand them, as long as their partners speak slowly and clearly.
1 - Autonomous work of lessons 3 of Dimensionen 1, 11 of Linie 1 A1.2, and 3, 8, 9 and 10 of studio d A1.
2 - Topics: biographical data; months; seasons; talking about cities, countries, and languages; Berlin; asking for and giving directions; talking about a trip; writing a postcard; talking about holidays; food and drink; recipes; different types of parties (birthday, wedding) and cultural festivities; invitations.
3 - Grammar: verb tenses (Perfekt: also separable and inseparable verbs, imperative); dative (as indirect object and with prepositions taking this case; dative personal pronouns); Wechselpräpositionen; adjective declension (accusative); prosody of long sentences; pronunciation of /r/ /l/ /p/ /b/ /t/ /d/ /k/ /g/ /f/ /w/ /v/ and pronunciation of the suffixes e, -en, -el, ?er
4 - Working with authentic supplementary material in the fields of Culture and Communication.
5 - Preparation for the oral test.
E. M. Jenkins et al. , 2003 , Dimensionen. Lernstationen 1 , Hueber Verlag
S. Kaufmann, , 2015 , Linie 1 A1.2 Deutsch im Alltag und Beruf, Kurs- und Übungsbuch , Klett-Langenscheidt
H. Funk et al. , 2008 , Studio d A1 Deutsch als Fremdsprache, Kurs- und Übungsbuch , Cornelsen
Assesssment methods and criteria:
Classification Type: Quantitativa (0-20)
Students work in lessons mainly in the following different ways: individual work, pair work and group work. Students also have to speak to the rest of the class when they have to inform them about their pair work or group work. Directed teaching only takes place when it is necessary to explain the complexity of some language features, or because the first explanation was not clear enough, or because students request further information. - Model B of the evaluation of UMa: - Attendance to at least 80% of the course (compulsory). - Assessment consists of two partial exams (each 40%) and one oral test (20%). - Students with normal status (N) will be admitted to the appeal season, as long as they meet the conditions to retake or to improve the partial exam with the lowest mark (40%). - Students with worker status (T) can retake both partial exams (80%) in the appeal season. - The other evaluation component (20%) cannot be retaken or improved in the appeal season.