Subject: Sports Management II
Number of ECTS:
1. - To observe and live experiences in a work environment that contribute to the application of knowledge and skills in sports management field.
2. - Evidence integration and capacity for initiative in organizing host and develop the capacity of autonomy and critical thinking.
3. - To be diligent, punctual and responsible in carrying out tasks, cultivating the ethical values of sport manager.
4. - To be dedicated, respectful and be able to cooperate with colleagues, teachers and employees of organization.
5. - To understand the process and the factors that influence the decision-making.
6. - To identify and understand the relationship between the costs and benefits of a sports service, as well as the public interest of sports.
7. - To develop or participate in development projects that contribute to innovation and problem solving in sport organization.
8. - To be able to communicate orally and writing the activities and skills achieved in sport management, in a fluent, clear and structured way.
1. - Ethics and sport management.
2. - Sport organization according to political and rational metaphors.
3. - Problem analysis and decision making.
4. - Analysis of the financial effectiveness of a product / service of sport organization.
5. - Innovation and development of sports projects.
6. - Development of writing and critical report.
7. - Development of skills in communication and oral discussion.
8. - Development of individual work.
A. Freire , 2005 , Paixão Por Empreender. Como colocar suas ideias em prática. Transforme sonhos em projetos bem-sucedi , Brasil: Editora Campus
R. Hoye, M. Nicholson, A. Smith, B. Stewart , 2006 , Sport management - Principles and applications , Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann.
D. Palmer , 2011 , Managing voluntary sport organisations , Oxford: Routledge
V. Ratten , 2011 , Sport-based entrepreneurship: towards a new theory of entrepreneurship and sport management , Int Entrep Manag J
S. Raynal , 2001 , A gestão por projeto , Instituto Jean Piaget
T. Slack , 2007 , Understanding sport organizations: The application of organization theory. , Human Kinetics.
J. Soares, A. Correia, A. Rosado , 2010 , Political Factors in the Decision Making Process in the Voluntary Sports Associations , European Sport Management Quarterly
Assesssment methods and criteria:
Classification Type: Quantitativa (0-20)
Theoretical-practices are used to explain the subjects mentioned in the contents. The laboratory practices are used to present, explain and evaluate the work to be carried out according to the subjects covered in the theoretical-practical and defined calendar. Tutorial sessions support and guide systematic work in an organizational context. The evaluation consists of 3 components: continuous systematic work in organizational context: 25%; 2 works: 20% + 30% presented orally to the whole group; final descriptive and reflective report of the activities carried out and of the acquired learning: 25%. The final report differs from the two specific studies because it includes all reflective assessment of learning in the context of work-systematic work and should include: the relevance of the training course for applying knowledge in the context of work/internship, as well as the contribution of experience in the organization for specific training