Subject: Personal Development, Therapeutic Communication and Mental Health
Number of ECTS:
1. - Deepen self-awareness and self-awareness in relationship with others;
2. - Deepen knowledge and analysis skills on theories of therapeutic communication;
3. - Develop communication skills aiming at the use of communication as a therapeutic resource to the individual, groups, families and communities;
4. - Develop self-analysis skills in the course of therapeutic relational processes with clients, recognizing obstacles, impasses, and present transfer and counter-transfer processes;
5. - Learn how to mobilize strategies to deal with the client's differentiated needs and their own needs in a therapeutic manner, using them to optimize the therapeutic aid process.
1. - Processes of self-knowledge and self-awareness;
2. - The therapeutic use of self in the therapeutic relationship;
3. - The construction of the therapeutic process and the ESMP;
4. - Therapeutic communication and its importance for the ESMP;
5. - Theories and Models of Therapeutic Communication:
5.1 - Model of help relationship of Chalifour
5.2 - Theory of interpersonal relations of Peplau;
6. - The construction of the therapeutic process
6.1 - ESMP interview and consultation: steps;
7. - Relation of help as psychotherapeutic process: objectives, components, phases, operational strategies;
8. - Therapeutic impasses: the transfer / counter transfer process;
9. - Main changes in communication throughout the life cycle and in the course of the processes for adjustment to disease transitions.
9.1 - Evaluation tools;
10. - Nursing interventions based on the use of the therapeutic relationship and counseling as strategies of specialized help.
A. Benjamin , 2004 , A entrevista de ajuda , Martins Fontes
J. Chalifour , 2008 , A intervenção terapêutica: os fundamentos existencial-humanistas da relação de ajuda , Lusodidacta
J. Chalifour , 2009 , A intervenção terapêutica: Estratégias de Intervenção. , Lusodidacta
C. Melo-Dias , 2015 , Habilidades de conversação em adultos com esquizofrenia. , Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Instituto de Ciências da Saúde
M. C. Towensend , 2011 , Enfermagem de Saúde Mental e Psiquiátrica: Conceitos de Cuidado; a Prática baseada na evidência , Lusociência
G. Stuart, M. Laraia , 2001 , Enfermagem Psiquiátrica: Princípios e Prática , Artmed
C. Sequeira , 2016 , Comunicação Clínica e Relação de Ajuda , Lidel ? Edições Técnicas
Assesssment methods and criteria:
Classification Type: Quantitativa (0-20)
Theoretical component - expository and interrogative method. Practical theoretical component with student participation. Promotion of joint reflection and analysis of concrete situations / cases. Appeal to Role - Playing; role-plays and autoscopies as strategies to consolidate knowledge and develop skills in various domains. Completion of Seminar and Workshop facilitated by experts. Use of some group dynamics to stimulate self-knowledge and heterocognition and interpersonal relationships. The UMa Student Assessment Regulations - Model B apply. Frequency - 50% of the classification. Case study - planning of nursing intervention (individual work) 50% of the classification. Minimum mark in each element of evaluation 9, 5 values. The two elements are recoverable in resource examination and improvement of classification.